Clinics & Services
In addition to GP consultations the practice offers a range of clinics and services:
Chronic Illness Management
Nurses with a special interest run clinics for patients living with some chronic or long term illnesses such as:
- Heart Disease
- Mental Health
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Appointments are sent to patients from the practice or pre-bookable by patients.
- Blood pressure checks - to be bookable with a HCA or use the waiting room machine.
- 24 Hour blood pressure monitoring - Referrals are made by the Doctor or Nurse Practitioner.
- Blood tests - to be booked with a HCA.
- Cervical smears - Bookable with the practice nurse.
- Child health & immunisation - The doctors are authorised by the Trust to undertake the developmental assessment and immunisation under fives. All appointments are sent from the surgery.
- Chiropody - appointments are available for diabetic patients only and are made via the specialist nurse.
- Counselling - via a doctor or nurse practitioner referral.
- Dressings - bookable with either a Nurse or HCA.
- ECG's - bookable with either a Nurse or HCA.
- Ear syringing - bookable with a Nurse.
- Injections - including adult vaccinations.
- Maternity services - in conjunction with the community midwife.
- NHS Health Checks - Available for patients aged over 40 (patients are invited to this service).
- Travel vaccinations - see the above tab for more information